Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Eliza, where the devil are my slippers?

Soft stove. Trippy.

Surf around We Make Money Not Art if you've got a while. Some really neat, trippy, and bizarre stuff.

I know I sleep better with background noise. If Spirit's around while I sleep I can (usually) sleep peacefully to no other sound than his breathing--but anyone else I've been involved with hasn't had that effect and I've still needed music or noise to sleep well. The post is about white noise, but the first bit also helps explain why a radio or TV set might help me sleep as well. Some of it's just that I can sleep better with a distraction from my own thoughts.

I think wristbands are last year's trend. This is still kinda nifty.

Two good opinion pieces from the New York Times on the State of the Union--not the actual state of our union nor the current president's speech, but the institution that the speech is.

Sharkey arrested--this campaign is cool news, but may not be the best thing that ever happened to that family.

One last piece from BoingBoing before I go finish the laundry: Prosecutor demos BDSM in court. Yeah, with asphyxiation play or other play that limits responses, I can see a sub having a heart attack that goes unnoticed until it's too late. However, responding by chopping up the body is just a Bad Idea (tm).

No comments: