Sunday, February 19, 2006

Geeks in Love!

wicked

Ouch

Waitressing bites lately. The truth is, something minor and petty happened the other day, and it was just the straw that broke the camel's back--there's little love/respect for the staff, staying positive is just beyond me at work right now, and after 2 years of loyal hard work, I see people I was training on the floor a few months ago being moved up to bartending and keying without even asking for it--the person I object to most on these grounds, and it's not that I object to *him* like I would several other people, but he's military and in a program that has him off active duty to finish school then will be commissioned as a pilot in a matter of months, so even the possible excuse that I may not be there all that long wears thin. And I actually was his server trainer less than 6 months ago. I am now something like the 8th most senior server in the place, and among the waitstaff the third most senior employee. I'm respected very much by my co-workers--almost as in high school, I'm treated as a bit of a legend--not someone to befriend, but the person to ask about anything, work, personal, or intellectual--and it's frustrating as anything I can remember in this life that my coworkers assume that because they have that respect for me, so does management--several people, last they trained a bartender, asked me why I didn't want to do it, as though I had a choice, as though I haven't had to beg and plead for every job I've gotten to learn, though I'm acknowledged the best in the place at most of them and I work as hard as anyone and harder than most, as though other people don't just have these jobs handed to them and then complain to me that they don't want to do them.

Anyone want to hire a bitter, jaded, late 20-something server/admin? I don't have much of a resume, but I'm damned good (at waitressing and at paperwork), and can provide references.

No comments: