Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Engineering Fundamentalists

Math humor is pretty good. Scroll down to "A Math Romance." This is funny. The math major pick up lines need to be updated, though. See:
6. Wanna come back to my room....and see my 733mhz Pentium?
I would fall down laughing...

I've heard a lot about this before, but am unimpressed. First, it clearly takes a different sort of processing and/or unscrambling than regular reading--that page gives me a raging headache to read. Also I process that by the word but most of what I read by the paragraph (or nearly so). I can read it, but reading upside-down or backward (mirror-image) text is easier for me.

How to stop worrying
was in my bookmarks for the longest time. I still need to heed this advice better.

Socioeconomics, in a nutshell (funny. Probably funnier if you're a sociology geek or a Geek of All Trades).

Somehow this was cooler when Hitchcock did it.

I'm saving this because it's very important to me. I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's as a young child, and have other autoimmune disorders that make me feel as though most of my pain is my body's immune system eating away at me into an agonized shell. I don't have time to finish reading it at the moment, so it's going here as well as to a bookmark. ...OK I lied and ended up scanning the whole article anyway. My sister needs this info. Like now. No, like, a couple years ago when they took her *off* thyroid medicine.

Cooking myths--interesting. Snopes it ain't, but it's nice and specific.

This blog makes me lazy. Never had a blog where I didn't have to hand-code links before.

Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Curse you, StumbleUpon. Now I NEVER run out of links.

No comments: