Saturday, April 15, 2006

This is amazing. By "religious" (esp. with the breakdown on the second map), they clearly mean the Abrahamic religions--someone in the post complains about native tribal religions "not counting"--but I'm still amazed that my own county is in the lowest category. I'm also surprised by how much of this country is primarily Catholic (could've pointed out the Baptist states to you, though, no problem). (I realized reading down that I shouldn't be--a lot of the Southwest are big, spacious states, taking up a lot of space and therefor color on the maps--and they have very high Latino populations, which tend Catholic). I really am floored, as people around here seem to take for granted that everyone either goes to church or should, yet less than 1/3 of people around here are members of church congregations? (In point of fact, I'm still a listed member of at least two church congregations--one Presbyterian, one Salvationist--but haven't attended either in the better part of a decade, and am pretty firmly Pagan these days).

Hmmm
...

This looks cute. I'd still like to see Akeelah and the Bee, too. Not sure who the non-spelling-geek audience is on that one, but then, ESPN2 always draws viewers on the National Bee, so maybe. (Gripe: I only got shown in the background on ESPN2. And the girl who won my year was a spoiled, self-absorbed little thing. I think she won the Jeopardy! teen tourney a couple years later).

Remember ladies, the guy who's nice to you, but not to your server, is not nice.

I'm going to end here. I'm feeling like crap, walked a few miles today, and am now burning a CD for my new truck. (Yeah Spirit I said MY new truck 8P)

No comments: